June 1-November 30, 2013
The Walk 150 Business Challenge is a six-month program that will run June 1-November 30, 2013. The goal is to get businesses of all sizes involved with Walk 150 as a wellness activity. Whether you walk, jog, run or push a wheelchair, it all counts.
Monthly challenge updates, as well as business and individual employee highlights will be featured here and the Walk 150 Facebook page, www.facebook.com/walk150
Awards will be presented by the Mayor to businesses in each category at the year-end Walk 150 Celebration on December 9, 2013, 5:30 p.m. at the Boise Depot for:
- Highest percentage of employee participation
- Most total miles walked
How do I get my business involved?
- Designate a team captain/HR to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you want to be involved.
- Team captain/HR gets the word out to employees and has them log on to www.walk150.org and create an account.
- Employees record miles on www.walk150.org and report miles to team captain/HR for team tracking. Captains can download tracking form here. The team captain/HR will report numbers to Walk 150 staff.
- It’s that easy!
Who may participate in the Walk 150 Business Challenge?
Only employees will be counted in the final numbers for each company, but family members and friends may register on their own.
Is there a cost to participate? No! Nope! Nada! Nothing!
Participating businesses will be seperated into 5 categories based on their number of employees:
- Level I, 1-10 employees
- Level II, 11-50 employees
- Level III, 51-150 employees
- Level IV, 151-300 employees
- Level V, 301 or more employees
Businesses will be recognized for their percentage of employee participation. Each employee by walking up to 150 miles will receive a certificate from Walk 150:
- Platinum 90-100 percent participation
- Gold 75-89 percent participation
- Silver 50-74 percent participation
- Bronze 33-49 percent participation
Check out our page of photos of business participants being active!